With a target to pull in the venture and work in the State, Maharashtra Government has dispatched all in one resource Maharashtra Industry, Trade and Investment Facilitation Cell (MAITRI), the cell denotes a change in perspective in part of the Government from being a controller to that of facilitator
It gives G2B administrations, all-inclusive resource for existing and planned speculators to get merged data about the venture cycle with respect to growing their current units or to set up another specialty unit in the State.
Division of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Government of India alongside World Bank, started the activity of positioning all the states and association regions of the nation with respect to simplicity of working together. The activity started in 2015 and investigated 2016 with an entryway showing dynamic positioning. The State of Maharashtra has demonstrated an expansion in consistence to about 92% helping it secure a position in the best ten states in 2016. The legislature of Maharashtra is continually moving in the direction of actualizing changes to guarantee better execution.
Ease of doing business
World Bank leads a positioning of 190 economies on how simple or troublesome it is for a neighborhood business person to open and run a little to medium-size business while following significant guidelines. The evaluation is done over the execution and use of distinguished changes across 10 significant markers. For India, World Bank thinks about two urban areas, Mumbai and Delhi. India has scored a position of 130 in the Doing Business 2017 Survey. With the restored center, the Government of Maharashtra has taken up numerous changes to lessen the time taken, cost, and a number of systems for any of the markers relating to Mumbai.
Promote investments into Maharashtra and facilitate business
Ensure timely approvals and services to investors
Handholding support to the investors setting up the investment
Management of web-based portal
Handling investment-related grievance
Coordination with Industrial Associations for Ease of Doing Business initiatives.
Functions as a clearing house for all investment-related information
Acts as a comprehensive repository of information
Maharashtra has developed as India's driving speculation objective. The India Investment Grid (IIG) features a menu of speculation openings across India on a solitary intuitive stage that associates possible speculators to extend advertisers in Maharashtra. India Investment Grid (IIG) is an activity of the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) Ministry of Commerce, Government of India and Invest India, the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency.
Maharashtra is the most industrialized state in India and the most noteworthy giver (~15%) to India's GDP. Maharashtra brags of a magnificent work pool, Government approaches and favorable foundation which has empowered the state to look after its 'number one situation' in the course of the most recent couple of decades. The following are not many investible undertakings which interface likely speculators to Maharashtra.
Common Infrastructure for Industrial Parks
Post -Harvest Storage Infrastructure
Soil Testing Laboratories
Telecommunication & Telecom Services
Telecommunication (fixed network)
Healthcare & Wellness
Who can benefit?
If you are an investor) looking to discover projects in India
If you are a project owner (National) looking to promote your projects and seek financial or construction or technical or consultancy assistance.
If you are a developer/contractor looking to construct projects in India.
If you are a technology provider and are looking to provide technological solutions to various promoters across India.
If you are a company and are looking to sell your assets to various tangible real-estate assets.
If you are a company and have stressed assets and are looking to sell stressed assets to other companies.
▪ Starting a Business
▪ Construction Permits
▪ Getting Electricity
▪ Registering Property
▪ Getting Credit
▪ Protecting Minority Investors
▪ Paying Taxes
▪ Trading Across Borders
▪ Enforcing Contracts
▪ Resolving Insolvency
▪ Labour Market Regulation
▪ Contracting with Government
1. Starting a business
•PAN, TAN & DIN integrated into one (SPICe) kind for company incorporation.
• Name reservation method has been simplified
• Registration beneath ESIC and EPFO offered at Shram Suvidha Portal as a typical on-line service with no physical bit purpose
• No demand of examination for before registration beneath outlets & institution Act in Mumbai and metropolis
• Need for Common Company Seal eliminated in firms Act
2. Obtaining Electricity
• Electricity association inside seven days or 15days (If RoW is required)
• Number of documents needed for obtaining electricity association reduced to a pair of
• Number of procedures reduced to three solely
• E-Undertaking facility rather than a Notarized declaration document
3. Construction Permits
• MCGM introduced means approval system for provision building permits with options like Common form
• Time is reduced from 128.5 days to forty-five days
• Total range of procedures reduced to eight processes
• Cost of getting construction permits reduced from twenty three.2% to 0.9% of warehouse worth
4. Registering property
• All SROs digitized
• Records integrated with the Land Records Dept.
• All land tax Records are digitized to determine the history of transactions offered on-line
• Statistics concerning the number of land disputes at Revenue
• Courts are offered on-line in Mumbai
5. Imposing Contract
• Commercial Courts and proceeding Division of High Courts established
• New cases in District courts are allotted to Judges willy-nilly through an automatic system
• e-filing of cases introduced in District Courts
6. Paying Taxes
• GST has subsumed eight taxes at the Central and nine taxes at the State level
• ESIC has developed a totally on-line module for e-return filing with online payment
• E-verification system has enabled zero physical bit purpose for document submission to taxation authorities
7. Commerce across borders
• Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) enforced ‘Indian Customs Single Window Project’ to facilitate trade
• Mandatory documents needed for customs functions have been reduced to three
e-Sanchit-system permits traders to file all documents on-line
• Electronic self-sealing of the instrumentation at the works has reduced time and value for commercialism corporations
• CBIC provided a facility for Advance Bill of Entry (Import Declaration)
8. Obtaining credit
• SARFAESI (Central Registry) Rules, 2011 was amended to incorporate extra kinds of charges, together with a stake in - immobile property by the mortgage, hypothecation of plant and machinery, stocks, debt together with book debt or assets, intangible assets, patent, copyright, trademark, under-construction building.
9. Partitioning economic condition
• Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) of 2016 introduced new dimensions in partitioning economic conditions in the Republic of India. it's India’s initial comprehensive legislation of company economic condition
• Fast-track company economic condition Resolution method (CIRP) for mid-sized firms, the method for economic condition shall be completed inside ninety days with the most grace amount of another forty-five days.
Integrated online presence to bring information from Transaction deeds,
Record of Rights, Property charge records (Mumbai city) and Revenue Court cases utilizing Name-based inquiry or Survey number
Upload Draft Digital Document Copy online from the ‘Public Data Entry’ 2 application
Mutation in Rural Land Records and name change in MCGM property tax 4 records Auto-triggered after Deed Registration – No application required!
Online Single Portal for all Pre-registration checks and Property 5 Registration
Check the map of plots/properties online; Digitized cadastral map for 6 rural areas are available in the public domain
Ease in ULB Services I Urban Development Department
Single window portal, ‘MAITRI’, is available for, applying for new Water 1 Application and obtaining Trade License
Records of obligation towards property charge have been digitized
The state has published a list of all state, municipal and panchayat levies auto-calculated online assessment/ tax calculation details are available online
Online payment of water bills available
Ease in Utility Permits I Energy Department
Single window portal ‘MAITRI’ for obtaining an electricity connection
Timelines are notified on the Department’s website 6
Historical and planned data on monthly outages now available online 5
New electricity connections granted within 7 days where no ‘Right of Way’ is 4 required and within 15 days where ‘Right of Way is required’
Pay electricity bill online 3
Only two documents required for obtaining a new electricity connection 2
Single window portal ‘MAITRI’ for obtaining electricity connection 1
Levy change will be told in front of the charging cycle Ease of Paying Taxes I Maha G.S.T. Office.
Ease of Paying Taxes I Maha G.S.T. Department
Profession Tax Registration certificate is issued within 1 day (notified under 1 the Maharashtra Right to Public Services Act)
the department website
Authority for Advance Ruling (AAR) and Appellate Authority for Advance 5 Ruling (AAAR) are constituted in the State under GST Act
The rate schedule for PT/MVAT/CST/GST is available online on MAHAGST portal 4
Online Single Unified Registration Application for MVAT/CST/PT with facility 3 for filing of e-Returns and for online payment of tax on Dept. portal
Registration under MVAT/CST/PT can also be obtained through online Single 2
Toll-free helpline number and e-Helpdesks throughout the State to assist 7 taxpayers for e-filing of returns under GST Act
Ease of Paying Taxes I State Excise and FDA facility for payment of duty
Online entry for drug fabricating/selling permit and renewal:
Online portal for grant of licenses/ permits/ registrations/ NOCs under various services offered by the State Excise Department
✓ Online submission of application
✓No physical contact for document submission
✓ Option of online payment of application fee
✓ Track status of the application online
✓ Download the final certificate online Tax structure of State Excise duties is available on the online single window 3 system, MAITRI
Timelines are notified under Maharashtra Right to Public Services Act, 2015 2 for services by State Excise Department
Tax structure of State Excise duties is available on the online single window 3 system, MAITRI
Online payment system, Government Receipt Accounting System (GRAS) with 4 facilities for payment of duty