Last Update on :

Change name in passport after marriage 

Change name in passport after marriage

Passport is one of the important Identity proof as well as address proof documents which is issued by the Government. Passport is required when you are traveling from one country to another. So, it’s important to make sure the details of passport name correction india should be correct. 

In case of women's, they need to change name in Passport after marriage as they have to add their husband’s name and surname. Women don’t need to update their passport in case they don’t make a name change. While to apply for a change of name in Passport.

Here’s the entire process you must follow in order to make indian passport name change after marriage:

How to apply for a change of name in passport after marriage?

A person has to apply under a ‘Re-issue’ section of Passport to make specific name change done in your personal details. Follow the below procedure to get it done easily with indian passport name change:

  • Step for submission of Online Form is given below:-

    1.First, you need to register with the Passport Seva Online Portal by clicking on the ‘Register Now’ link on the home page.

  • 2. You will need to login to the Passport seva portal login page with a registered Login

  • 3. You will need to click on 'Apply for a new Passport / Re-issuance of Passport' to proceed further

  • 4. You will need to complete the required information on the form and submit it.

  • 5. Select the 'Payment Appointment and Schedule' link on the Saved / Distributed View screen to schedule an appointment. Please note that online payments have been made mandatory on bookings at all Passport Server Kendras / Passport Offices.

  • 6. You need to click on the Print Application Receipt link to print an application receipt containing the Application Reference Number (ARN) / Nomination Number

  • 7. After making the payment, visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) / Regional Passport Office (RPO) where the nomination is placed, along with the original documents

Documents Required for change name in passport after marriage

  • The divorce decree was confirmed by the court.

  • Affidavit or Deed Poll as indicated in Annexure E.

  • Related reports should be obtained in the event that you need the name of your life partner on your passport when they are in a distant country

  • Marriage Certificate, issued by the Mission abroad or the Indian Post.

  • If possible, your Marriage Certificate is issued by any non-Indian Government, a marriage certificate issued and certified by one of the following:

  1. Indian Mission / Post, from the local authority where the certificate was issued.

  2. Embassy or High Commission or Consulate of that particular nation in India.

  • A marriage certificate is issued by Indian specialists such as the Registrar of Marriage or Marriage Officer.

If the wife/Partner/Spouse is a Foreign Citizen

The following documents must be available if you want your spouse's name on your passport if he or she is a foreign citizen:

  • Marriage Certificate issued by Indian Post / Mission abroad.

  • Marriage certificate issued by a Foreign Government certified by:

  • Indian Mission / Post is in force from where the marriage certificate has been issued.

  • Consulate / High Commission / Foreign Ambassador of that country to India.

  • The marriage certificate is issued by the Indian authorities as the Registrar of Marriage or Marriage Officer.

Read the above article carefully to get the complete knowledge on the process of change name in passport after marriage. You can follow these procedures whether it is the case of marriage or divorce.

Sign in to leave a comment

Total Views : 215