Change of name after marriage for Indian girls is a common culture. Lots of women change their first name or surname after becoming married as part of the custom. Though name modification after marriage isn't a mandatory legal requirement, this is something you see common in India.Many women in India would apply for name change within their various vital records and documents. This includes PAN card, Bank account, aadhaar account and card etc. Aadhaar number along with PAN card will be both most important identification documents in India which are utilized more often.
Essentially, these documents are used for filing the income tax return, including government subsidies, government schemes, social networking, scholarships and to avail many such benefits. An Aadhaar card is a special identification record (UID) that is made compulsory with a PAN number to submit a sales tax return. Consequently, if there is any change in name due to marriage needs to be effectively upgraded in each document and in every document to prevent the hassles. Details on your aadhaar need to be current.
The title change is quite common in India after union as brides will be inclined to embrace the groom's surname. In case you are recently married or planning to get married and you would like to modify your name you will need to get it updated on your aadhaar records and also in other files and records. Updation or correction of this name after marriage could be done at aadhaar card via various methods. Let us learn about how to change surname in aadhaar card together with the detailed processes involved with the upgrade.
Download the Aadhaar Card forms
Process for Aadhaar card name change after marriage
Updating or correction of this name following marriage in Your own aadhaar records could be done via both offline and online techniques. The internet method involves upgrading the changed name in aadhaar documents on the official website of special Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The offline procedure involves upgrading the name by seeing the Aadhaar Permanent Enrolment Centres nearest to you. Let us look at the thorough process of upgrading name change into aadhaar card.
If your mobile number is registered in your aadhaar documents, you will find You can upgrade or correct your name online on your aadhaar records. Following will be the incremental process to update your changed name after marriage in your aadhaar card
· Submit a name change request through'update aadhaar details online' alternative
· You May Change Your surname or name by placing the request in the specified format
· Upload a scanned copy of your self-attested files behind the title change as approved by Government of India
· The one-time password (OTP) will be sent in your aadhaar registered mobile number
· Validate and verify the name change or update request on the Internet by inputting the OTP obtained in your registered phone in the applicable box
· Following the validation of petition and confirmation of proof filed, a confirmation message will be sent in your aadhaar registered phone on update/correction of title from the aadhaar documents.
The process to change titles at the aadhaar records online entails no Price. A name change in the documents of aadhaar is allowed twice in lifetime. The Third-time name change petition is allowed only on an exceptional basis together with the Terms and conditions applicable. However, the service to upgrade or fix Titles in the documents of aadhaar online is presently unavailable which can again Be made accessible in the future.
You can put a request forupgrade or correction of title in aadhaar by Visiting the nearest Aadhaar Permanent Enrolment Centre. Following is your step-by-step process for aadhaar card name change after marriage through offline procedure
1.You can Find the aadhaar enrolment centre Near to you via the official site of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Mention your own state and postal code to search for the enrolment Centre nearest to you.
2.Make sure that you carry all the documents required to be produced for name change in aadhaar card. Also, make sure to take your aadhaar card. Take every document in first. It could possibly be required for verification purposes.
3.Request an update request form to modify the title at the aadhaar at the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
4.Fill in all of the necessary details in the aadhaar upgrade request form. Submit the self-attested copy of all of the relevant supporting documents along with the duly filled and signed aadhaar update request form.
5.The offline process involves a nominal charge of INR 50. After submitting the name upgrade request, the shape and records will be verified from the officers.
6.After confirmation, verification SMS will be Sent on your own aadhaar registered mobile number confirming the upgrade of the name From the aadhaar records.
Main motives for address change are usually the change in lifestyle events Like marriage. Hencea marriage certificate is one of the critical documents for changing your name out of maiden name to married name.
If you are newly married or planning to have married in a few days, a significant issue to note is that you need to find the marriage certificate from the office of this Sub-Divisional Magistrate of your authority to produce anywhere as proof of your marriage.
Together with the marriage certificate, you can get the name changed in various other documents that may also be produced as supporting documents or proof to altering the name in aadhaar card. Following are the documents accepted Alongside union certificate -
· PAN card
· Driving license
· Voter ID
· Ration card
· Credit cards with photo
· Bank ATM cards using picture
· Any photo identity card issued by the State or Central Government in India
· Service picture ID card issued by Public Sector Undertakings
· The photo ID card pensioner
· Job card of NREGS
· Photo identity card issued by a recognized educational institution.
· Arms license
· Kissan Passbook with picture
· Freedom fighter card
· CGHS/ECHS card
· Updating any information on your aadhaar card is also rather simple with the information clearly on the official site of special Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). But, there are particular things you have to remember when putting requests for corrections or updates of your title on your aadhaar card.
· As soon as you set the request for upgrade or correction of title at the aadhaar card, then you'll be supplied an Updation Request Number (URN) for your reference that may be used for monitoring the status of your upgrade or correction of title at the aadhaar card.
· The process of updating or adjusting names at the aadhaar card requires approximately 90 days for the completion. After completion, you'll get the confirmation SMS in your own aadhaar registered cellular number. You can then get into the e-aadhaar card on the internet on the official Site of Particular Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)
· Be certain that you provide every data from the form properly with no mistake.
· Make sure to self-attest each of the copies of supporting files which you're enclosing or downloading for the upgrade of this title at aadhaar card. Make sure there are no disagreements from the photocopies included or produced.
· Make sure to sew all of the relevant documents necessary for upgrade or correction of title from the aadhaar card.
With the phone enrolled, availing any support associated
with Aadhaar is rather simple to the official site of Unique Identification
Transforming any demographic information on your aadhaar Since You can also
Download e-aadhaar following the upgrade of information, it provides more