Since its institution in 1985 by the associate degree act of parliament, the Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has contributed considerably to the development of upper education in India through the open and distance learning (ODL) mode. it absolutely was established with a vision to function as a national resource center for ODL, with international recognition and presence, to produce seamless access for all to property and learner-centric quality education, skills upgrading and coaching, victimization innovative technologies and methodologies. IGNOU has emerged because of the largest university within the democratic world, serving the tutorial aspirations of around two.8 million students in India and thirty-two alternative countries.
IGNOU’s learning resource repository, eGyanKosh, initiated in 2005 with the intention of digitizing self-instructional material, has emerged mutually of the world’s largest repositories, with quite forty,000 self-instructional text materials, and around two,000 video lectures covering over two,200 of the university’s courses. The repository has become very fashionable in an exceedingly short time and is being employed the world over by student and teacher communities for its made content.
So far, the courses accessible on eGyanKosh and FlexiLearn are licensed material accessible as open access content that one will register to use freed from cost, however, that's non-derivative, non-reusable, and ruled by copyright rules.
The university has currently set to produce all its learning resources as open educational resources (OER) through its open license policy. IGNOU envisions that it'll be a number one developer of OER, with the utilization of its own still as others’ OER absolutely incorporated into teaching and learning in the least levels among the university system. This case study provides associate degree insight into the method of eGyanKosh evolving from a digital repository to an associate degree OER repository.
EGyanKosh has emerged in the concert of the world’s largest academic resource repositories.
· It offers free, open access and is on the market to the planet to facilitate self-learners and empower educators. over a pair of,200 courses and a couple of,000 video lectures area unit out there on-line within the repository.
· The print-based contents area unit available as PDF files and video programs and area units being provided through a special channel of IGNOU on YouTube, with the information link within the repository.
· The YouTube channel established for eGyanKosh is sort of well-liked, with 2,257subscribers and 191,734 hits on the location as of four Nov 2012.
· The repository also features a wiki for cooperative content generation.
· eGyanKosh is made on the open supply application DSpace, that MIT and H.P.
· Labs developed for making institutional repositories. DSpace uses extended
· Dublin Core information standards integrated at intervals applying for compartmentalization of the content. It conjointly features a Lucene computer program integrated with the applying.
· Since the applying is supposed for building open access institutional repositories, major customization was done on that to suit the wants of building a learning resource repository.
· Initially, eGyanKosh access was restricted to the IGNOU community of college, staff, and students. the primary daring step was taken in Gregorian calendar month 2008 by facilitating open access to eGyanKosh’s content. currently, anyone will register for gratis and access learning resources out there in print and video formats from the repository.
· The site has already received over 2 million hits, with a mean of four hundred visits
Sign in process:
· Provide and enter your mail id
· Create a password
· Confirmation mail come to mail id
· Login with user id and password
· IGNOU FB Live Recorded Videos
· IGNOU Self Learning Material (SLM)
· IGNOU - SWAYAM Course Content
· IGNOU YouTube Videos
· Indian Journal of Open Learning (IJOL)
1. BA General (BAG)
· BAG (Hindi)
· BAG (English)
· BAG (Urdu)
· BAH (Sanskrit)
· BAG (History)
· BAG (Economics)
· BAG (Political Science)
· BAG (Public Administration)
· BAG (Sociology)
· BAG (Anthropology)
· BAG (Psychology)
2. BA Honours
· BA (H) English
· BA (H) Hindi
· BA (H) History
· BA (H) Economics
· BA (H) Political Science
· BA (H) Public Administration
· BA (H) Sociology
· BA (H) Anthropology
· BA (H) Psychology
SIGN ON TO DSPACE
When you access a section of DSpace that needs authorization, the system would require you to log in. All users will register to become subscribers. Some restricted functions, like content submission, need authorization from the community
Before you log certain the primary time, you ought to click on "register with DSpace" and follow the directions. After that, you ought to enter your e-mail address and positive identification within the log-in kind that seems. Your e-mail address ought to embody your username and name. it's not case sensitive.
Stopping throughout the Submission Process:
At any purpose within the submission method, you'll be able to stop and save your work for a later date by clicking on the "cancel/save" button at the lowest of the page. the info you have got already entered are going to be hold on till you come to the submission, and you'll be reminded on your "My DSpace" page that you just have a submission in the method. If somehow you by mistake exit from the submit method, you'll be able to invariably resume from your "My DSpace" page. you'll be able to additionally cancel your submission for any purpose.
Progress bar - Oval Buttons at high of Page:
At the highest of the submit pages, you'll notice seven oval buttons representing every step within the submission method. As you progress through the method these ovals can amendment color. Once you have got started, you'll be able to additionally use these buttons to maneuver back and forth at intervals the submission method by clicking on them.
Upload a File
There square measure 2 ways of coming into the name of the file you want to upload:
Type the complete path and file name into the input box and so click on the "next" button within the lower right corner of the screen.
Click on the "browse" button and a window showing your files can seem. you'll navigate through your directories and folders till you discover the proper file to transfer. Double-click on the file name you want to transfer, and also the name is entered into the input box.
Once the proper file name is within the input box, click on the "next" button to proceed.
If you fixed at the start of the submit method that you just had quite one file to transfer for this item, you may see the Associate in Nursing input box marked "File Description". info| the knowledge| the data} you offer here can facilitate users to grasp what information is in every file, for example, "main article" or "images" or "computer program" or "data set". Enter file descriptions for every item, and click on the "next" button to proceed.
This page permits you to alter the knowledge we've for you. you need to be documented along with your log-in to alter any of your personal data.
SUBSCRIBE TO E-MAIL ALERTS
Users will purchase receive daily e-mail alerts of recent things value-added to collections. Users might purchase as several collections as they want. To subscribe: go to the DSpace registration page by clicking on the sign-on link within the navigation bar on the left of the house page fill out the registration type navigate to a group that you'd wish to receive e-mail alerts, and click on the "subscribe" button (repeat for different collections) to edit your subscriptions, move to the "Subscribe" page.
· What is egyankosh?
eGyanKosh preserves and allows straightforward and open access to any or all kinds of digital content as well as text, images, moving pictures, mpegs, and information sets.
· How does one use eGyanKosh?
Select registration kind and press and fill within the Registration type. you'll receive a mail containing a special uniform resource locator. once you visit this uniform resource locator, you'll ought to fill in some easy info. After that, you will be able to log into eGyanKosh.
· How to Check IGNOU Study Material Status?
Candidates will track their study material or books standing on-line by coming into their nine or ten-digit enrollment variety.
· Is it necessary to attend Ignou classes?
Attendance within the practical/ fieldwork is mandatory. Students are permissible to look within the sensible examinations provided they need a needed proportion of attending within the practical/ research lab courses/ field works.
· What is the distinction between BA and bag in Ignou?
BAG or Bachelor of Arts General is an Associate in nursing undergrad degree presented to the scholars of Humanities. Like all undergrad courses, BAG too maybe a 3-year degree course and maybe done taking honours or pass subjects. Students following it as honors take one or additional subjects as major.