PRERANA Scholarship 2021
The PRERANA Scholarship is a post-matric scholarship portal developed by ST & SC Development and Minority & Other Backward Classes Welfare Department, Odisha Government. Launched with the overarching goal of providing financial aid to the state's economically disadvantaged students, PRERANA aims to reduce the process related to scholarship applications and timely payment of tuition fees to the eligible student’s bank account.
As provided below are some of the main functions of an online scholarship portal:
The site allows students to submit their applications online at any given time from any location.
· It also helps students track the status of the submitted applications.
· It assists students to re-apply for the same qualifications in a new college for a new course with the same details provided.
· There is also a bar-coding provision that allows officials to filter out false requests.
· Those applicants and educational institutions receive SMS and email alerts at various stages of processing.
· Applicants can renew their applications (submitting last year's applications) only through institutions.
· Institutions receive benefit from automated and comprehensive reviews of learning programs.
· The scholarship sanctioning process has been simplified for the Sanctioning Authority.
· Automatic withdrawal of scholarships from a student’s bank account.
· It has become easier for the Department and the Federal Government to monitor scholarships.
PRERANA Scholarship – List of Scholarships:
PRERANA, an e-scholarship site, has specialized curriculum programs for postgraduate students. These students belong to ST, SC, OBC, SEBC and other economically weaker classes from Odisha. Find below a list of scholarships that applicants can use through the government portal - PRERANA.
List of scholarships that come under PRERANA
An eligible candidate only wishes to apply for the PRERANA Scholarship by 2020, apply on 22 February 2021. Find below the detailed deadline for applying for financial aid programs in 2020-21.
Deadline of PRERANA Scholarships
*Note- The above-mentioned dates may change and subject to change according to the discretion of the scholarship provider.
PRERANA Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria:
Post-matriculation scholarships included in PRERANA can be applied by the Odisha state students and candidates. Also, one of the key elements in the eligibility process is that candidates must continue with their postgraduate studies in any of the subjects listed under Group I, II, III & IV.
Group I: Graduate studies in engineering, medicine, agriculture, and animal sciences. Commercial Pilot License (CPL) course, PG diploma courses in management and medicine, Accountancy related studies Accounting M.Phil., Ph.D. and postdoctoral system (D. Lit, D.Sc., etc.), LLM
Group II: Post-Graduation/graduate courses leading to studies, diploma certification areas such as pharmacy, nursing, emergency services, LLB, mass communication, hotel management, interior decoration, etc. PG studies such as MA, M.Sc., M.Com., M.Ed., M. Pharma, etc.
Group III: +3 subjects
Group IV: +2, ITI, 3-year diploma, and 2-year course
As provided below are detailed eligibility requirements that a student must meet before applying for a scholarship.
Detailed Eligibility for PRERANA Scholarships
PRERANA Scholarship – Application Process:
Applicants who wish to receive PRERANA scholarship benefits can apply online only for scholarships. Earlier, applications were received through the PRERANA website. However, from 2020-21, applications can be made through a dedicated portal of the Odisha Government called the State Scholarship Portal. A detailed explanation of how to apply for these financial aid programs is provided below.
Step 1: Visit the official State Scholarship Portal site.
Step 2: Click the 'Register' button for registration on the portal (if you are a new user), or sign in using the 'Sign In' button.
Step 3: While registering, enter the Aadhar number and proceed further. Once you have successfully signed up, you will receive your user ID and login password on your registered mobile number and email.
Step 4: Enable login using User ID and password. The application form will open.
Step 5: Fill in all the required information on the application form and click the 'Save as draft' button to save the draft and then click on the 'Next' button to continue. Upload all the supporting documents.
Step 6: A preview of your completed application will appear. Please check and download. Download and print out the application form.
PRERANA Scholarship – Key Documents:
Applicants who wish to apply for the PRERANA scholarships need to keep the hard copies of other documents. These documents are uploaded by the applicants while completing the online scholarship form. Find below a list of documents to uploaded:
· Matriculation certificate
· Aadhar number
· Photo of the applicant
· Caste Certificate
· Income certificate
· Domicile certificate
· Copy of the first page of the applicant's bank account containing the details of the account number, IFSC branch code
· Previous exam mark-sheet
PRERANA Scholarship – Terms & Conditions:
After knowing the eligibility criteria, application deadline, the application process, and rewards, applicants must keep in mind a few terms and conditions when applying for scholarships. As given below are important rules and regulations to be considered by applicants:
· Eligible applicants for a scholarship must provide the correct bank account number which must be in the name of the applicant.
· Applicants must keep their ID and password confidential as the form contains important confidential information about the applicant.
· Applicants must provide the correct details when completing the form as incorrect information will lead to dismissal and no legal action may be taken against him or her.
· Appropriate institutional applications will be considered when the tuition fee is paid first.
· If the candidate renews his / her scheme application for the same subject, he/she does not have to re-issue a valid income certificate.
· Applicants must be ready with their roll number, year of passing, and the name of the board matric exam at the time of online registration.
PRERANA Scholarship – Contact Details:
If anyone have query or need to know anything or facing any technical/practical problem by the applicant at the time of application, he or she may contact the District Welfare Officer in the affected district by the email ID mentioned below:
How do I apply for an Odisha Scholarship?
You can apply for the same by visiting the official website of the Odisha State Scholarship Portal.
Can Other State applicants apply for the Odisha Scholarship?
Yes / No, All Indian Applicants Can Apply / Only Applicants with Domicile can apply.
What is the last date to apply for an Odisha Scholarship?
The student registration date has been extended to 15.04.2021 for the BOC Scholarship of Skill Development & technical Education Dept. Please register and complete your request within the timeline.
Can I apply for an offline Odisha Scholarship?
No, you need to apply online for this Post.
When to Apply for the Odisha Scholarship Application?
The Online Application Process has begun. See the important date above the post.
I do not have my Community / EWS / PWD certificate. What can I do?
You must have a certificate to get the Reservation Benefit. There is no other option for this.
Has the last date for registration of the Odisha Scholarship been extended?
Yes, the student registration date has been extended to 15.02.2021.
What is the official online application for Odisha Scholarship 2021?
Applicants can apply Through this official link: https://scholarship.odisha.gov.in/website/scholarship-list