Technology molds modern students and their learning. It is therefore important to equip them with a set of skills that allows them to work and participate fully in the digital world. Project Samarth was considered for the sole purpose of providing technical assistance at Shimrimad Dayanand Arsh Jyotirmath, Gurukul. It equips their students with IT skills, covers their computer syllabus and provides basic computer skills to their teachers.
· The SAMARTH ERP is an open-source, open-standard robust, secure, disabled, and automated system for Universities and Higher Education Institutions.
o Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) refers to the type of software used to manage day-to-day business operations such as accounting, procurement, project management, disaster risk management and compliance, and asset procurement operations.
o ERP at the University can improve governance and management.
· The forum was used at the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Kurukshetra, a participatory unit of the World Bank-funded by the Technical Education Quality Improvement Program (TEQIP).
· Automated product improvement processes through better institutional information management through seamless access to information and efficient use of information.
· Cultivates faculty, students, and staff at the University / Higher Education Institution.
National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology:
· The Mission, launched in 2009, is a landmark initiative of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), with the aim of freely providing quality educational content to all eligible and aspiring students in India.
· The potential of ICT, in the teaching and learning process, is expected to benefit all tertiary students.
· Initiatives under the Program
o SWAYAM: Study Webs for Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM) is an integrated platform for offering online courses, including school (9th to 12th) to Post Postgraduate Level. Online courses are used not only by students but also by teachers and non-students’ staff, for lifelong learning.
o SWAYAM Prabha: It is a step towards the provision of 32 DTH (Home-to-Home) Higher Education courses in the national and international range on a 24X7 basis.
o National Digital Library of India (NDL): It is a project to build a visual archive of resource & sources with a single-window search center. Currently, there are more than 3 crore digital resources available through the NDL.
o Spoken Tutorial: 10 minutes long, audio-video tutorial, open-source software, to improve student employment opportunities. Designed for self-study, audio in 22 languages, and online translation.
o Free and Open-Source Software for Education (FOSSEE): A project that promotes the use of open-source software in educational institutions. It does so through instructional materials, such as oral teaching, literature, as friends of books, awareness programs, such as conferences, training sessions, and student training.
o Virtual Lab: This is a project to create a fully functional simulation environment to perform tests, collect data, and answer questions to test understanding of information obtained.
o E-Yantra: It is a project to empower practical education in all engineering colleges in India on embedded systems and robots.
“Samarth” maintains a whole audit path life cycle for every individual dealing.
The major CSFs include:
· Flexibility and potency of use
· System’s reaction time to users’ requests
· User-friendliness, help, and documentation
· Samarth Modules pic
· Visibility of the system’s standing
· Data quality, analysis, and conversion
· Minimum customization
· Transparency in method
· Robustness and error hindrance
· Software development (evolution), testing, and troubleshooting
· Online Admissions
· Accounts & Finance
· Admission method Automation
· Integrated help desk
· Research Project Management
· Grants & different Charges Management
· MHRD/UGC Compliant accomplishment
· Employee Record
· Leave Management
· Casual Leave info
· File Management & trailing
· Legal Case Managementhour & Payroll
· LMS & design
· Exam & Certificate
· Training & Placement
· Estate Management
· Inventory Control & Management
· Student Lifecycle
· UG, PG, PH.D/M.PHIL
· Applicant Dashboard
· RTI Management
· Core Communication
· Federated Content Management
· Faculty Proforma
· uniCAN - laptop Access Network
· Email and net Services
· ICT Services